Managing Batch Payments within Clinic Manager
You are able to receive an Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) through Clinic Manager. This is beneficial as it eliminates the process of capturing payments and enables faster and more effective reconciliation of your claims.
Individual patient accounts can still be accessed from within the various batches.
Q: How do I access the Batch Payments menu?
In order to access the Batch Payments menu within Clinic Manager, the following steps must be followed (in order):
- Click on the Patient drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Patient Administration option from the menu that drops down.
- Click on the Patient Transactions option from the menu that drops down.
- Click on the Payment Transactions option from the menu that drops down.
- Click on Batch Payments.
- The Batch Payments window will appear.
Q: How to manage batch payments within the Batch Payments window:
Each batch has a specific number assigned to it, which is displayed in the Batch No column on the left.
The Date column displays the date on which each batch was created.
The Batch Total displays the cumulative amount of money within a specific batch.
Q: How do I go about importing ERA files?
[notice]All ERA importing is automatically locked at this point. This is done in case another user is also doing an ERA import, which could result in subsequent confusion (for example, each user may be trying to import the same files, with the result being that one of them does not import all the intended files as the other will have already imported some them).[/notice]
Q: How to unlock ERA importing:
In order to unlock all importing, the following steps must be followed (in order):
1. Click on the System drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
2. Click on Edit CMParms.ini.
The Edit CMParms.ini window will appear on your screen.
3. Click on the ERA tab at the top of this window.
4. Click on the box next to Import Busy? in order to un-tick it.
All ERA importing will now be unlocked and all users will be able to import simultaneously.
The MHG Suspense Account
The MHG Suspense Account is for patients that do not exist on the system. For example, if a medical aid submits an account to a hospital in error for a patient that was admitted to another hospital.
Users must keep checking to make sure that these accounts are being put in the correct place.